Wonderland prop completed and installed, April 3, 2013.
Some changes that I ended up making from the original concept sketch:
- Instead of two large front panels (4x4') and a side panel to cover braces, I decided to do four panels (3 front, 1 side). Was easier to transport to stage in my car without damage.
- Fewer details in the background painting. Left as more gestural/abstract to let the papier mache work stand out and also not to detract attention from the actors.
- Decided to reuse some of the left over tissue from the acacia tree prop as grass accents near the papier mache rock border.
- Rocks were added once the prop placed on stage (final position). Attached button shanks to unseen side and strung the rocks together in four lengths through the shank holes. After strung, rocks were attached to foamcore using zipper pull findings (which were fixed to the foamcore using 24 gauge steel wire).